JOB DESCRIPTION: Our production manager works as a supervising producer, managing and delivering to broadcast a portfolio of high quality and diverse programs. This position reports to a senior production manager, and serves as an integral member of the Production and Programming Department. As an ambassador for this public media organization, a production manager is expected to be a role model, to set high standards, and to maintain quality control over the production of funded programs and the integrity of our data and project management systems. The production manager is responsible for cultivating and nurturing relationships with producers, series partners, and PTV representatives.
- Serve as the primary contact for production management and broadcast delivery for a portfolio of programs funded through various ITVS funding initiatives, primarily long and short form documentaries
- Ensure the successful contracting, on-time and within budget delivery for all programs including successful maintenance of relationships with producers throughout production
- Set and manage production schedules in coordination with producers, broadcasters, and other ITVS departments
- Provide education and mentorship to funded producers (as appropriate) regarding ITVS / PTV financial reporting, editorial, and technical standards
- Evaluate and provide feedback on program deliverables and maintain standards for quality
- Collect, analyze, and report data related to individual programs and overall portfolio and provide regular reports for the department and content strategy team
- Support senior production manager in providing oversight to production coordinator team to ensure consistent administration of the department including: overseeing database and DAM entry, media and tape tracking, new staff orientation, documenting work processes and policies
- When necessary, travel to meet with funded producers and their staff to support/troubleshoot successful completion and delivery of the program for broadcast
- Promote and model culture of high performance and commitment to quality
- Maintain internal and external communications and relationships that strengthen ITVS culture of teamwork and integrity
- Maintain and inform excellent production delivery standards across initiatives
- Maintain standards and consistency of information systems for production management
- 5-7 years experience either as a producer of national commercial or Public Television programming or as a project manager for a commissioning television network, studio, or television station
- Proven experience in supervising delivery of programs for broadcast and for online distribution
- B.A. in Film/Television, Broadcast Journalism, or a related field
- Prior experience evaluating editorial works in progress, and providing constructive feedback on preliminary cuts of film/tv projects
- Deep familiarity with all aspects of documentary production, including the technical process of film production and post, and FCC broadcast standards
- Prior experience preparing and evaluating budgets, cost reports, and financial records for low-budget or independently produced films
- Understanding of and experience working with rights licensing agreements for film and television, knowledge of insurance and business requirements for companies engaging in film/television work, and best business practices for these types of companies
- Experience negotiating contracts in a television, film and/or media environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from a wide variety of social and economic backgrounds, as well as the ability to constructively manage conflict in a business setting are MUSTS
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally, and effectively as part of team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Great analytical and critical thinking skills
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA which includes a generous benefits package, PTO, holiday pay and professional development opportunities. Salary is competitive, depending on experience. If interested, please submit resume and cover letter to ITVS@ITVS.org and put Production Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Marketing Project Manager, Marketing & Publicity
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Publicity
JOB SUMMARY: ITVS is looking for a marketing project manager to manage marketing campaign strategy and execution — from creative brief to launch! This role is for a fully proficient, seasoned marketer who can work independently, develop, execute, and evaluate marketing strategies and plans. The candidate will be leading marketing strategy and execution for our Emmy® Award-winning series Independent Lens as well as some ITVS funded films. Applicant must have a strong in-depth knowledge of media landscape and marketing trends.
- Work closely with the director of marketing and publicity to develop strategic solutions that meet marketing campaign objectives while supporting ITVS programming initiatives
- Manage creative and go-to market strategies for on and off-air campaigns, radio, and print
- Take on a range of projects related to consumer marketing including season launch planning, tracking, and management
- Manage all aspects of consumer marketing campaigns and promotional development to build audience awareness, viewership, and reinforce core brand attributes
- Act as liaison for Independent Lens publicists
- Devise and implement campaign strategies and project timelines working within AtTask project management software
- Prepare narrative and data reports on marketing strategy outcomes as requested by the executive team
- Apply ITVS values to marketing and communications department culture
- Mentor and provide learning opportunities for department staff
- College degree, combined with 3-5+ years of marketing/advertising work experience in one of the following areas: broadcast or cable network, public media, marketing, advertising agency, or brand management
- Established expertise with marketing concepts, creative development processes (creative brief, working with creative directors, media buying and planning)
- Project management skills with experience in project management software
- Strong ability to derive creative strategies, review creative concepts, and provide detailed follow-through on campaigns
- Direct experience in the consumer discipline, consumer promotion, and entertainment industry
- Knowledge of Public Media system
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Social media acumen a must
ITVS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER/YOUR NAME in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Spring/Fall, Summer Semester Internship (college credit or unpaid)
Term: Full-time (8-10 weeks); at least 15 hours/week
Reports to: Department Manager
JOB SUMMARY: ITVS is seeking interns to support activities in the programming, production, communications, and business affairs departments. In addition to gaining hands-on work experiences, the interns will attend organizational and community engagement events, view producer rough cuts, and participate in staff activities. The interns will observe how programs are evaluated, managed, and distributed to reach the widest audience. The ideal student intern is passionate about documentaries, marketing engagement, outreach, social media technology trends, and other facets of public television and media. Based on the interests of the student, the intern will be assigned to a specific department.
- Support the program proposal process (Programming)
- Help with outreach and community engagement events (Communications)
- Draft web content, blog entries, and social media postings (Communications)
- Compile and edit video footage from event organizers for publishing on ITVS YouTube and blog platforms (Communications)
- Support the execution of marketing projects and campaigns (Marketing)
- Assist with the compilation of quarterly department metrics (Marketing)
- Measure the reach and efforts of ITVS’s various social networking platforms and offer suggestions on how to increase impact (Marketing)
- Strategize and execute social media campaigns to drive tune-in and increase engagement around the weekly Independent Lens broadcast (Marketing)
- Electronic research of copyrights and intellectual property matters (Business Affairs)
- Assist in organizing files, media, and updating electronic information (All departments)
- Provide support as needed (All departments)
- Enrolled in school with a focus on film, broadcasting, sociology, public policy, or marketing
- Detailed, organized, curious, and self-directed
- Computer, software, and social media skills as they relate to job responsibilities
- Eager to learn and contribute to a nonprofit media organization
ITVS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter to email@example.com with INTERN/YOUR NAME in the subject line.
Social Media Intern for Women and Girls Lead Global
Term: 16 hours/week
About Women and Girls Lead: The Women and Girls Lead (WAGL) combines documentary films, strategic communication promotion, in-country content production, facilitated film screenings and other engagement activities to bring social change. The goal of the project is to use powerful storytelling and transmedia strategies to improve the lives of women and girls in nine countries and reduce gender inequality by helping create knowledge, attitude, behavior, and policy change.
JOB SUMMARY: ITVS is seeking a social media intern to help publicize upcoming film screenings and engagement activities in Kenya, Peru, Bangladesh, Jordan, and India using in-country social media platforms. The intern must be available and flexible to work in San Francisco and remotely with the country coordinators across time zones. The ideal intern is proactive, disciplined, creative, and self-directed.
- Research and develop stories and multimedia content to post on Facebook pages and Twitter feeds from all five countries
- Blog about gender issues and engagement events in the five countries
- Develop creative, strategic ways to use calls to action and crowd-sourcing to increase social media traffic to Facebook and Twitter
- Support the engagement and outreach strategy as managed by the ground coordinators
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and in-country social media platforms
- Strong interest in gender equality, sophisticated about cultures and languages, and passionate about the power of documentaries and social media (community engagement and publicity, a plus)
- Must be a student currently enrolled in an academic program
ITVS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with WAGL INTERN/YOUR NAME in the subject line. No phone calls please.