The process for applying to DDF has changed.
Please be sure to read the updated How To Apply page for details.
The Diversity Development Fund (DDF) provides up to $15,000 in research and development funding to producers of color to develop single documentary programs for public television. Funded activities may include travel, research, script development, preliminary production for fundraising/work-in-progress reels, or other early phase activities.
- Projects that have not yet begun production
- Programs that can become eligible for ITVS production funding initiatives as single programs of standard broadcast length (half-hour or one-hour). In rare cases ITVS will consider feature-length programs.
DDF does not accept:
- Proposals for completed projects seeking distribution
- Series proposals or fictional dramas
- Projects intended solely for theatrical release
There is one funding round per year. Applicants may apply for only one project per call. The entire proposal review process takes up to three months. Around five percent of applicants will receive funding.
DDF is not a grant; applicants receive funding in the form of a development agreement that assigns ITVS certain important rights over the project during the term of the contract.
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive