Who is eligible to apply?
- Citizens or legal residents of the U.S. or its external territories
- “Independent producers.” This means that the individual applicants a) own the copyright of their production; b) have artistic, budgetary and editorial control of their project and; c) are NOT regularly employed as producers/directors by a public or commercial broadcast entity or film studio, including public access stations. Staff persons who are not producers/directors are allowed to apply.
- Persons age 18 or older
- Persons with some previous film or television production experience in a principal role (director, co-director, producer, co-producer) as demonstrated by submitting a previously completed work sample
- Persons from cultural and ethnic communities historically underrepresented on public television.
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Individuals who do not meet ITVS’s definition of an “independent producer”
- Current signatories of ITVS production contracts who have not completed delivery or previously funded producers who are not up to date with reporting requirements.
- Producers representing foreign-based production entities
- Persons regularly employed as producers/directors by a public or commercial broadcast entity including public access stations
- Organizations such as universities, foundations and nonprofit media organizations
- Production managers, writers, assistants, supporting crew members