The DDF application is now closed.
The deadline for DDF is 4pm PST on Friday, November 6th, 2015. The application will open one month before the deadline.
All proposals must be accompanied by a sample of the applicant's previously completed work. Please follow the instructions carefully. Use only 12-point font size. Applications submitted in smaller font size will not be accepted.
Below is a list of information you’ll need to fill out and/or upload to the online application.
Required materials for DDF application
3. Copy of Previously completed work sample
4. Sample Material (optional)
Part 1: Program description (up to three pages)
Attach a two-page treatment. Include a brief synopsis and describe how you envision translating your story from the page to the screen.
Attach one page addressing the following:
- How will the development funds be used?
- What research and development has already been completed for this project?
- Describe the target audience for this program. In what way is this audience not being currently served by public television?
- Describe your role on the previously completed work sample and the sample’s relevance to the proposed program. This might include a similar shooting style, approach to storytelling, intimate access to characters, etc.
Part 2: Applicant Résumé
Applicants must submit a résumé (including their filmography). No summaries or blurbs will be accepted.
Part 3: Previously Completed Work
Preferably a link or DVD of sample work must accompany all proposals. Applicants must have had a principal role (i.e., producer, co-producer, director or co-director). Work must be submitted in its entirety. Demo reels will not be accepted.
If you’re submitting a DVD, it must arrive at our office by Friday, November 6, 2015. Send the DVD to the address below:
ITVS Diversity Development Fund
651 Brannan Street, Suite 410
San Francisco CA 94107
In an effort to reduce waste, please consider sending in your work-in-progress sample in a paper sleeve.
Part 4: Sample Materials (optional)
Applicants should submit any sample footage or photos related to their film if available. This is not required but it is beneficial during the review process. If you have photos to share, please include them as a part of your treatment. Or if you have sample footage, please provide a link to a downloadable video file in the online application.