Who is eligible to apply?
- Citizens of any country EXCEPT the U.S. and residing in any country EXCEPT the U.S.
- Dual foreign/U.S. citizens are eligible if they do not reside in the U.S.
- U.S. citizens may only participate as co-applicants in a true co-production relationship with a non-U.S. primary applicant.
- “Independent producers.” This means that the individual applicants a) own the copyright of their production; b) have artistic, budgetary, and editorial control of their project and; c) are NOT regularly employed as producers/directors by a public or commercial broadcast entity or film studio, including public access stations. Staff persons who are not producers/directors are allowed to apply.
- Persons age 18 or older
- Persons with previous film or television production experience in a principal role (director, co-director, producer, co-producer)
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Individuals who do not meet ITVS’s definition of an “independent producer”
- Current signatories of ITVS production contracts who have not completed delivery or previously funded filmmakers who are not up to date with reporting requirements.
- Organizations such as universities, foundations and nonprofit media organizations.
- Production managers, writers, assistants, supporting crew members.