JOB SUMMARY: The Coordinator, Broadcast & Digital Distribution plays a key role in supporting ITVS’s overall distribution and partner relations strategy, with a predominant focus on the public media system. The Coordinator’s main responsibilities will fall in three major verticals: 1) project managing submission and distribution of ITVS-funded films to signature public television series including: Independent Lens, POV, Frontline, American Masters and potential distributors including PBS, APT, NETA, World Channel and more, 2) maximize distribution & streaming of ITVS’s digital content across public media digital outlets 3) maintain strong relationships with major producing stations, public media partners and filmmakers.
The Coordinator will collaborate with Director of Distribution to build a cohesive organizational strategy that alerts stations, partners and filmmakers to the ITVS pipeline. As a liaison for filmmakers, the coordinator will work with production, programming and audience development to ensure smooth delivery of all ITVS-funded films. The coordinator will also look outward with the Director on opportunities beyond public media for our catalog.
- Manage submission workflows and work closely with various functional groups (eg, business affairs, programming, production) to fulfill partnerships and content delivery
- Track distribution across platforms and series including but not limited to: Independent Lens, POV, PBS, World Channel, NETA, APT
- Review and assess long-form films as enter ITVS pipeline and track delivery progress
- In partnership with Director, develop clear and actionable strategy for emerging types of content licenses, and deliver internal presentations around key strategic initiatives
- Oversee and track delivery of ITVS content across digital properties
- Manage re-windowing of Independent Lens titles in partnership with audience development; handles contract negotiations and contracts with business affairs
- Work with Director to research potential for customer facing online ITVS catalog
- Work with NETA and APT to ensure contractual obligations are met and navigate delivery of content & promotional materials through to a successful broadcast
- Lead filmmakers through various cycles of their relationship with ITVS to ensure consistent and positive experience; starting with programming and production team; through to Business Affairs; and regular updates to Audience Development (marketing, communications, station relations, et al)
- Develop in depth knowledge of ITVS catalog to maximize opportunities with Director
- Deliver filmmaker surveys to Audience Development teams; including Station Relations and Communications
- Working with Director, develop plans for new distribution opportunities and deal renewals across all platforms for program distribution
- Contribute to overall relationship-building strategy with partners
- Provide regular streaming reports and analysis
- BA or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience developing and maintaining external relationships
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications, publicity, and/or outreach role
- Experience in film and television distribution, and distribution rights--is a big plus
- Experience with data tracking, and, ideally, data analysis
- Demonstrate agility maneuvering within different databases and information tracking systems
- Experience organizing and implementing new processes and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, high-performing environment
- Strong initiative with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in FileMaker, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote with the ability to quickly learn new databases, project management, and graphics applications
- Experience with project management tools, such as WorkFront or BaseCamp
- Experience and have an interest in film, television, tech or other media a plus
- Positive attitude, sense of humor
ABOUT ITVS: Independent Television Service, Inc. (ITVS) is a nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to make unique and compelling programs for public television. ITVS, a recipient of the 2017 Peabody Institutional Award, brings to local and national audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs reflect underrepresented and underserved communities.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR/YOUR NAME in subject line. No calls please.
ITVS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest records in a manner consistent with the requirement of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.