The Creative Producer is responsible for overseeing post production projects which include, trailers, sizzle reels, promos, social media videos and publicity reels, within the Creative Services department from concept to delivery ensuring all creative is on strategy. Reporting into the Creative Director, the Creative Producer will manage a team of 4 inclusive of a: Post Production Supervisor, Sr Producer Editor, Junior Editor and Media Assets Coordinator. He/She will lead the video execution of all promotional assets for the Emmy-Winning series INDEPENDENT LENS and ITVS’s institutional video presentations.
The Creative Producer will act as the primary liaison between external parties e.g PBS as well as internal units in Audience Development, Programming and Production and Business Affairs, to ensure the timely production and quality of creative assets for both institutional initiatives and multi-platform campaigns for our major film premieres.
This candidate will be expected to have creative strategy experience, working with creative briefs and storyboards, developing original concepts, scripts and pitches for media marketing campaigns.
- Oversee creative ideas and concepts, oversee aspects of creative campaign creation including, web, and on-air to ensure brand and campaign unity
- Champion creative strategy, ensuring all pieces are on brief and align with company goals.
- Strategically forecast all work through the creative department and communicate cross departmentally.
- Manage the departments workload as well as mentoring and providing training and growth opportunities for Post Production staff.
- Collaborate with the design team on B2B and B2C brand projects.
- Oversee creative budget for all production including audio sessions and external creative agencies.
- Receive all of ITVS’s video requests and manage timelines for in-house edit suites and vendor activities including: voice over talent and studios, file duplication, close-captioning, language dubbing, and finish editor sessions.
- Schedule and manage outside vendors to fulfill both small and large promotional production needs.
- Working with business affairs to negotiate vendor contracts for external vendors.
- Minimum 7-year experience in a post-production, agency or production environment, including working with editors, motion graphic designers, and/or graphic designers.
- High level of competency in editing software: Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of programs, including Premiere.
- Understanding of production, post-production and broadcast equipment and workflows related to digital media.
- Excellent project management experience, managing varying degrees of complex
- projects simultaneously.
- People management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, and telephone skills.
- Clear communicator.
Independent Television Service, Inc. (ITVS) is a nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to make unique and compelling programs for public television. ITVS brings to local and national audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs reflect underrepresented and underserved communities. (www.itvs.org).
Please submit cover letter and resume through our career site. No calls please.
ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.