JOB SUMMARY: The Digital Producer works closely with Director of Business Development to expand use and adoption of OVEE, our social TV platform that will fuel the power of media to engage, educate, and connect communities. The primary focus areas of this role are producing interactive TV events and supporting business development through account management, research, and strategy. You would also cultivate, train, and support new and existing partners as well as oversee the creation of customer support tools including training videos. This job is an opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and has interest in business development and product management.
- Design and produce online events using OVEE, including creating overall format, securing & prepping panelists, moderating the discussion, overseeing live-stream productions and video intros, and reporting on outcomes.
- Work closely with the OVEE Business Development Director to cultivate and steward partnerships
- Manage key OVEE partner accounts
- Work closely with ITVS engagement team to cultivate and support public media partners.
- Provide demos, training and coaching support to new and potential platform partners, and ITVS staff
- Serve as main trouble-shooter for all internal use of OVEE
- Lead screenings meetings.
- Identify, document and disseminate OVEE best practices
- Plan and oversee the creation of customer support tools i.e. webinars, videos, FAQ’s in coordination with the business development and marketing teams.
- Maintain OVEE Facebook page, bi-Monthly newsletter and overall OVEE partner communications
- Collect and document user experience feedback for product development, customer support solutions, and sales
- Document and track use cases to advance business development’s strategic goals
- Represent OVEE at key industry events
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer-service focus; excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable talking about and using technology (social media sharing and logins, account setups, chat software, watching and sharing online videos, webcasting software, SalesForce, and Workfront etc.)
- Proven ability to work patiently, persuasively, effectively with a wide variety of people in a cross functional team.
- Superior organizational skills; a work style that is thorough, accurate, and detail oriented; the ability to manage multiple deadlines and plan and follow through on projects
- Fluency in social media and other marketing and promotional strategies
- Experience or knowledge of and passion for greater online video technical landscape (live streaming production and popular streaming platforms ie: YouTube Live, Livestream, Ustream)
- Proficient in excel, word, and PowerPoint
- Background in public media, broadcast production or education a plus
- Positive attitude, adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, and sense of humor under pressure!
ABOUT ITVS: Independent Television Service, Inc. (ITVS) is a nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to make unique and compelling programs for public television. ITVS brings to local and national audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs reflect underrepresented and underserved communities. ITVS films appear theatrically, as well as weekly on the PBS series Independent Lens. (www.itvs.org)
ABOUT OVEE: Created by ITVS and funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, OVEE is a social TV platform where friends, community members and experts can watch video or a live stream together and chat live in a virtual theater. The platform was created to give PBS stations and non-profit organizations nationwide a powerful way to reach with geographically dispersed audiences, foster conversation among diverse groups and engage viewers with experts and panelists in a field. (www.ovee.itvs.org)
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with DIGITAL PRODUCER/NAME in the subject line. No calls please.
ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.