ITVS is looking for an entry-level Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join its Audience Development team. This central role will support our VP of Marketing and act as liaison to the ITVS marketing, communications, distribution, engagement and station relations teams. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, flexible, and excels at planning events, booking travel, calendaring, coordinating correspondence, and performing other administrative duties as assigned.
- Managing a busy executive calendar, including directly contacting internal and external partners, coordinating a full schedule of meetings, conference calls, and business appointments as well as keeping the VP informed of upcoming dates and deadlines.
- Providing excellent and expeditious customer service on the VP's behalf to senior management, administrative staff members, executive-level media partners and funders, and key external stakeholders.
- Organizing domestic travel itineraries, including arranging point-to-point transportation, booking hotel accommodations, researching meeting sites, and furnishing maps/directions as needed.
- Providing complex administrative support and assisting with special projects, including reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Providing logistical support, coordinating catering, and setup/breakdown of department meetings.
- Gathering data and reports, tracking progress, assembling and copyediting materials required for each board meeting.
- Serving as the point person for all department inquiries and requests.
- Updating and maintaining department’s budget.
- Coordinate creation of ITVS brand materials (e.g., posters, headshots, collateral, etc.)
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative role
- Record of successful travel coordination and event planning
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Flexibility to travel and work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- Able to manage details and follow through with a minimum amount of direct supervision
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 20 pounds in support of event logistics
- Fluency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, EventBrite and Google Docs
- BA or equivalent work experience
Independent Television Service, Inc. (ITVS) is a nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to make unique and compelling programs for public television. ITVS brings to local and national audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs reflect underrepresented and underserved communities. (www.itvs.org).
Please submit cover letter and resume through our career site: itvs.org/about/jobs
ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.