ITVS is seeking a dynamic outreach consultant join its growing efforts to uplift the visibility and impact of a documentary film focused on health care. The outreach consultant will play a key role in supporting and implementing ITVS’s engagement program. The consultant will assist in ITVS’s efforts to build critical national and local partnerships with policy influencers, professional associations, companies, and community organizations that extend the dialogue-shaping abilities of ITVS films and position ITVS as a leader in presenting topical and impactful documentaries to the public. This is a contract position
- Researching prospective partners and writing research products
- Tracking outreach efforts
- Working with the public media ecosystem to understand campaign and community needs
- Playing a supporting role in developing data-driven evaluation strategies, focusing on both organizational and community level impact
- Drafting content for public consumption about campaign efforts (i.e. blog posts, social media copy, etc.)
- Assisting in providing coaching, training, and updates to community partners on campaign progress and direction
- Minimum 3 years of experience in community-based organizing, with a focus on building partnerships, and implementing outreach and engagement campaigns.
- Strong interest in or academic education in domestic policy and politics, particularly health care.
- High attention to detail, organized, flexible, able to meet deadlines, and adapt to new and changing responsibilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in program and staff management and/or campaign execution.
- Proactive and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, multi-task, and think strategically.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong facilitation and polished presentation skills.
- Advance skills with project management tools and other software including FileMaker, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, webinar platforms (Any Meeting, GoTo Meeting, etc.), and/or WorkFront is a plus.
- Interest and/or knowledge in independent films, documentaries, community engagement, broadcast television, and/or event planning a plus.
Please submit cover letter and resume through our career site. No calls please.
ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.