DEPARTMENT: Programming and Production
REPORTS TO: SVP of Content Strategy
The Vice President of Production is a key leadership position at ITVS with shared management responsibilities for Production and Programming, which includes award winning broadcast and digital programs and series, national productions and all ITVS funded programs.
The VP of Production will contribute to ITVS’s overall content strategy by developing and delivering the highest quality programs to reach audiences on multiple platforms, including both broadcast and digital. This position is responsible for oversight of 100+ active productions annually including editorial, business, finance and delivery components. In addition, the VP will bring a deep understanding of the digital production and distribution landscape. They will bring established relationships with distributors and co-production entities to the role.
- Serve as key member of senior leadership team cultivating cross-functional relationships providing insight and direction around content strategy and cross platform business development and content management
- Identify external opportunities and key challenges the organization faces around programming and production, and work with leadership team and staff to define and execute appropriate strategies
- Provide leadership on departmental and operational activities including annual planning, budgeting, data collection, analysis, and developing budgets and production timeline milestones
- Provide oversight of the integration, alignment and review of best practices between broadcast and digital production workflows, including policies and protocols throughout the organization.
- Provide oversight and direction for budgets, schedules and milestones for productions, working closely with ITVS Director of Production and Supervising Producer team members.
- Negotiate co-production and distribution deals working with Senior Leadership Team and Executive Team
- Ensure excellence in data collection, searchability and reporting from internal information systems
- Cultivate, represent, and maintain positive relationships with independent producing community, public media partners, and the larger media ecosystem
- Develop and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and a commitment to quality.
- Actively model and implement the culture values of the organization, holding self and others accountable to high quality performance and deliverables.
- 10+ years of film/television production experience, with demonstrated editorial expertise in the documentary field, digital production, and journalistic standards
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to deliver concurrent broadcast, digital and multi-platform productions
- Experience and leadership managing teams who are charged with managing workflows, maintaining data systems, and ability to use data for process improvements
- Experience in contract negotiation and deal-making with distribution entities
- Solid financial management skills and experience working closely with creative, finance, legal, and corporate business development teams
- Agility and comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be positive, proactive, solutions oriented leader with strong communications and EQ skills
- Ability to synthesize information and apply systems thinking to complex processes
- Advanced degree preferred, or equivalent professional experience
ABOUT ITVS: ITVS is a nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to make unique and compelling programs for public television. ITVS brings to local and national audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs reflect underrepresented and underserved communities. (www.itvs.org).
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume through our career site. No calls please.
ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance