The Director of National Events plays a key role within the organization, driving ITVS’s overall event strategy, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to design, execute, and evaluate strategic positioning events. The majority of the Director’s work will be focused on leading the design and execution of public-facing ITVS-led events, although they will also inform internal and industry-specific events such as the twice-a-year ITVS Independent’s Summit filmmaker convenings, webinars, ITVS-designed panels, and conference sponsorship events. This position will play an active role within an integrated strategy team focused on ITVS’s external communications and field relations strategies.
- Design and implement high profile positioning events for ITVS and Independent Lens, integrating OVEE as a recurring strategy, in close coordination with Audience Development
- Serve as a key member of an integrated strategy team responsible for mapping ITVS’s brand positioning in the field via events, conferences, speaking, and sponsorships
- Lead planning and logistics for achieving best-in-class industry convening with the ITS Independent’s Summit, building integration between marketing, communications, production, and development.
- Collaborate with the Engagement & Impact unit on the planning, design, and implementation of select Indie Lens Pop-Up “marquee” events geared toward generating greater engagement and brand loyalty toward Independent Lens
- Serve as lead liaison to CPB with regards to CPB-driven events with oversight from senior leadership
- Conceptualize and lead Hill event strategy for ITVS films
- Provide occasional consultations to station and community partners hosting their own Indie Lens Pop-Up events
- Identify necessary resources to executive event strategy and troubleshoot with senior management to ensure high level execution
- Establish and enforce quality and consistency, organization-wide, around ITVS-led events
- Oversee reporting on all ITVS-led in-person and OVEE events, as well as ITVS staff speaking engagements at conferences, festivals, and other industry events.
- Stay apprised of relevant event strategies and approaches, especially in the public media system and the media industry at-large to ensure that ITVS events remain industry-standard
- Manage and grow and develop project staff and consultants as needed
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years in corporate and/or non-profit event planning
- Highly organized, detail-oriented project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Background and knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics, including lead generation, contact management, and retention
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Sense of humor