JOB SUMMARY: ITVS is looking for a Marketing Manager to assist with marketing campaign strategy and execution – from creative brief to launch! This role is for an experienced marketing professional who can work independently, think critically and apply basic marketing principles to project work. You’ll be responsible for various aspects of marketing campaigns for our Emmy® Award-winning series Independent Lens, as well as various ITVS funded films and digital projects. Candidates should have a strong desire to learn and grow in a marketing role, have a strong interest in the film, television, and entertainment industries, and the ability to stay on top of industry trends and adapt to a fast-paced ever-changing media space.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Marketing and Publicity to develop solutions that meet marketing campaign objectives while supporting ITVS programming initiatives
- Take on a range of projects related to consumer marketing including season launch planning, tracking and management of campaigns, developing film specific additional content, and implementing media buys and manage relationship with outside agencies as needed
- Devise and implement campaign strategies and project timelines working within WorkFront Project Management software
- Develop solid understanding of primary and secondary audiences and consumer target motivations and characteristics
- Draft creative briefs and develop campaign strategy ideas for Independent Lens films, digital projects, and beyond
- Work with Sr. Manager of Marketing and Publicity to analyze campaign metrics and determine best practices
- Work with other divisions within ITVS on cross-functional teams to facilitate exchange of information including newsletter production and distribution
- Coordinate department award submissions and keep on top of year-round deadlines
- Maintain and manage creative and publicity deliverables lists and help develop strategies for on and off-air promotional campaigns for radio, print, and online
- Create and archive past promotional campaigns
- Coordinate and participate in promotional team meetings with producers and multi-disciplinary team members.
- Support administrative duties for the Marketing and Communications department (preparing mailings, hand-outs, presentations, reports, conference calls, event planning, etc.)
- 3 - 5+ years of professional experience in marketing and communications in one of the following areas: broadcast or cable network, public media, marketing, advertising agency, or brand management.
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and the creative development processes (experience writing creative briefs, working with creative directors, media buying and planning, etc.)
- Project management skills with experience in project management software highly desirable
- Ability to review creative concepts and provide detailed follow-through on campaigns
- Direct experience in the consumer discipline, consumer promotion and entertainment industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Public Media system is a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be team oriented and work well with all types of personalities and work styles
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, details, and consistency including adherence to brand standards
- Social media acumen is a must
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- A positive attitude and sense of humor is a must
- Strong interest in the entertainment and media industries, including film, television, documentaries, and online content
- College degree or equivalent work experience
ABOUT INDEPENDENT LENS: Independent Lens is an Emmy® Award-winning weekly series airing on PBS. The acclaimed anthology series features documentaries and a limited number of fiction films united by the creative freedom, artistic achievement, and unflinching visions of their independent producers. Independent Lens features unforgettable stories about unique individuals, communities, and moments in history.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume through our career site. No calls please.
ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.