ITVS is looking for a Paralegal to join its Business Affairs unit within the Business Department. This position will support the in-house legal team with preparation, negotiation, and review of a wide variety of filmed media and technology agreements. This entry-level opportunity is ideal for candidates who want to learn the business of media production finance and distribution.
• Draft, review, and revise film and television production finance, acquisition, and distribution agreements and amendments
• Review and revise underlying rights licenses (e.g., archival footage, music, and stills) and personal releases
• Review and approve producer’s errors and omission insurance policies
• Perform legal research on copyright, trademark, fair use and entertainment and media law matters
• Manage execution of contracts, draft correspondence, and perform administrative tasks for the unit, including data entry in rights-tracking database (FilmTrack)
• Assist drafting annual and trimester Board Reports
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrated interest in filmed media
• Must be extremely detail oriented, highly organized, able to work under tight timelines, flexible, and able to adapt to new and changing responsibilities
• Must be self-motivated with ability to take initiative, make firm decisions, and offer a high level of customer service
• Must be able to handle a high volume of multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
• Experience with DocuSign or similar electronic signature services is a plus
• Experience with Workfront/AtTask or similar project management software is a plus
• Experience with rights-tracking databases (preferably, Filmtrack) is a plus
• Experience with FileMaker is a plus
ABOUT ITVS: ITVS is a nonprofit organization chartered by Congress to make unique and compelling programs for public television. ITVS brings to local and national audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs reflect underrepresented and underserved communities. (www.itvs.org).
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements through our career site. ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.