As Research and Evaluation (R&E) Manager, you will join our San Francisco-based staff of 65+ creative and technical strategists, marketing champions, and audience engagement innovators working to connect storytellers with global audiences and communities that are using film to change lives. The R&E Manager will work with senior management to develop and implement a new phase of research and evaluation strategy at ITVS, helping us create a stronger culture of impact-driven work that aligns with our mission of inclusion, dialogue, and public service.
- Design, develop, and implement a strategy to strengthen evaluation of ITVS initiatives and programs.
- Analyze and assess existing data systems and reporting; as well as existing internal and external secondary datasets from partners.
- Assess the impact of thematic multi-film, multi-platform initiatives in collaboration with internal and external partners to articulate theory of change.
- Develop presentations and other knowledge products to support strategic communications
- Collaborate with ITVS units to track the progress of their strategies, outreach, and programs; and monitor program/operational indicators and progress toward goals.
- Implement a quality assurance process, identify evaluation challenges and recommend ways to overcome them.
- Conduct general logistical work including but not limited to focus groups, tracking of data, analysis, and review of research and data.
- Develop a set of data tools that are shared with partners, such as interactive dashboards and reports; and summarize data findings when needed.
- Contribute to communications via briefs, articles, monographs, blog posts, etc.
- Build sustainable relationships with other researchers, staff, stakeholder groups and partner organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Master’s degree with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience conducting evaluation, research, and measurement and/or data projects preferred.
- Experience working on research and evaluation projects that focus on one or more of the following areas is highly desired: media impact, narrative change evaluation, and process improvement.
- Experience with data development and management, tracking tools, data visualization, and data analytics software.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, conceive, coordinate, manage, implement, and evaluate large or multiple projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with formative and summative research studies.
- Solid knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methods, strong analytical skills, and the capacity to critique program designs and methodologies.
- Working knowledge and expertise with research and evaluation methodologies; always seeking to improve the quality of data evaluation and tracking.
- Effective facilitation and communications skills, able to navigate internal dynamics that may conflict with external evaluation standards.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and be comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs, Apple/Android technology (iPads, etc.), and current technology practices.
- Must be dependable, resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player.