DEPARTMENT: Media Services
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
JOB SUMMARY: ITVS is looking for a Senior Editor/Producer to be responsible for producing on-air and off-air promotions and sizzle reels. The Sr. Editor/Producer, assembles recorded raw material into a polished product that's suitable for broadcast, online distribution, and national positioning events. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics, and special effects. The Sr. Editor/Producer, produces creative concepts, writes scripts and edits on/off air promos and web content for the Emmy® award-winning documentary series Independent Lens as well as all ITVS series and funded films.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to develop creative video materials that meet audience development and marketing campaign objectives while supporting ITVS programming initiatives
- Utilizing editorial producer input and/or a creative brief, craft script, assemble footage, and finish of all video assets in line with client and/or strategic vision
- Guarantee proper branding for theatrical films, television programming, short-form content, institutional promotion, and commercials
- Support and guide internal production team on small editorial projects
- Maintain organizational integrity of media assets by logging, uploading, completing projects, and archiving within the framework of ITVS Media Services
- Participate and maintain project timelines within Workfront project management software
- Identify creative solutions for communications objectives
- Apply ITVS values to organizational culture
- 7+ years of promo/short form editorial and script writing experience
- 5-7 years of experience editing on Avid, Final Cut Pro, or Premiere
- Experience in a broad range of film and video communications with focus in commercial broadcast and web delivery
- Proven ability to think on your feet and to adapt to last-minute changes in direction and scope
- Expert ability to craft a story through short-form video and audio alongside storytelling
ABOUT INDEPENDENT LENS: Independent Lens is an Emmy® Award-winning weekly series airing on PBS. The acclaimed anthology series features documentaries and a limited number of fiction films united by the creative freedom, artistic achievement, and unflinching visions of their independent producers. Independent Lens features unforgettable stories about unique individuals, communities, and moments in history.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements through our career site. ITVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.