- Single programs of standard broadcast length (half-hour or one-hour). In rare cases, when a filmmaker’s skills, subject, and story structure warrant it, ITVS will consider programs at feature lengths.
- Works-in-progress (for nonfiction submissions), i.e. projects that have already begun production
- Programs that can be completed within one year of contract
Open Call does not accept:
- Proposals for completed projects seeking distribution
- Series proposals or fictional dramas
- Projects intended solely for theatrical release
If you have any questions about this new process, you should contact our Programming Coordinator Jonathan_Archer@itvs.org
From our blog
May 9, 2018
Councilwoman follows the story of Carmen, a hotel housekeeper and mother from the Dominican Republic striving to advocate for low-income workers from the margins to Providence, Rhode Island city politics. Her journey encourages us all to reflect on who should be responsible for the decision-making in our communities. Margo Guernsey, director of…
April 17, 2018
Now in it’s 77th year, the Peabody Awards announced the winners of the 2018 documentary prize. Of the nine documentaries that will be receiving awards, three are ITVS-funded; Newtown, Deej, and Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise will be honored on May 19 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York."Our documentary filmmakers know what hard work is all about," noted…
April 12, 2018
New ITVS board member Danfung Dennis brings traditional and cutting edge storytelling perspective to the ITVS governing body.